Monday, November 22, 2010

Catching Up...

1. I'm grateful for cold, blustery nights cuddled up on the couch with my man while the baby sleeps soundly in his crib, watching silly movies, sipping a cup of mulled apple cider then diving into an intriguing book for the first time in ages!

2. I'm grateful for Olive's learning curve. When I put in the effort to help her to learn something, she learns it really fast. She is becoming so good and patient with Keats and plays with him more and more. She even allows him to pat her while they're together on the couch (she used to run away to the bedroom if he even showed the slightest bit of interest in her). Sometimes she hands Keats her stuffless fox toy and they play at handing it back and forth to each other. It's adorable and I watch very closely, cueing Olive when she needs to be extra careful. She listens really well, too! She gauges Keats' new abilities quickly and seems to know the exact safe distance from his grasping/pinching hands. She checks up on him when he falls and sometimes gives him a loving nudge or lick on the cheek. It's really very sweet and I'm so glad that my son is growing up with such a caring doggy friend.

3. I'm grateful for impromptu family time. I got to hang out with my sister Rachel today all day long and it was great! Chatting and laughing together as our children played together was so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment