Sunday, August 22, 2010

In a Fever

Well, I'm sick. I've got a fever that comes and goes and yesterday my body decided to just stop functioning all together, making it very difficult for me to move. With Birch's never-ending help, we're keeping up with Keats Man who is in the middle of a growth spurt. Sleep has been almost non-existent and my brain is starting to turn to mush, but somehow our moods have not turned to the dark side. I think that I was buoyed  on Friday night when I discovered that I'd won some adorable fabric from a favorite blog, Prudent Baby, for my delicious sorbet/popsicle recipe with Thai chilis, lemongrass, and pickled ginger. Seriously, it's really good. Birch is back to work tomorrow so we'll see if my spirits make it through that, especially since I think I'll have to miss We Be Baby Mamas. So frustrating. I love those mamas so much and watching all our little ones get together is seriously crazy adorable. It's going to be so funny once they start truly playing with each other. I wonder what they're voices will sound like...

Anyone have some tips for taking care of young babies while sick? I could use 'em!

1 comment:

  1. That's no fun! Matt and I were playing sick tag, so when he was better, I was sick and vice versa. The only advice I can give is that you make sure to get your rest so you can take care of your son. I know it's hard when they aren't sleeping much. Maybe someone can watch him for a few hours or for the day so you at least have some time to rest. Hope that helps. Good luck and feel better!

    ReplyDelete